Welcome to Max Burgers
Max is not only Sweden’s favourite hamburger restaurant chain, it is also one of the first. Back in 1968 the founders of Max, Curt Bergfors and Britta Andersson, opened their first restaurant in Gällivare, high up in the northern part of Sweden.
Their hamburgers became so popular that within two years they opened more restaurants. Soon thereafter Max was established in several other cities in Norrland (the northern part of Sweden). The rest is history.
- 86 restaurants in Sweden, all owned by the family
- Approx. 3 000 employees
- Turnover of 150 million Euro
- Average turnover per restaurant 2 million Euro
- Most profitable restaurant chain in Sweden outperforming both McDonald's and Burger King
- Most satisfied customers in the business, nine years in a row
- Most preferred hamburgers in Sweden
- Top taste in test after test
- The first Max restaurant outside Sweden opened in Norway May 2011, run by Nilsen family, our master franchisee in Norway
Max is family owned
The founder, Curt Bergfors, is still active in the company as Chairman of the Board, and the family still owns 100 percent of the company. Richard Bergfors is the company’s President and Christoffer Bergfors is the Vice President.
Max is special – and so is our approach to franchising. We want to create the same feeling among our franchise partners as that we have created among our employees, that is to say, you are to be a member of the Max family. We believe in a long-term, strong and profitable partnership between our franchise partner and ourselves. Read more.
We started as early as 1968, while our American colleague still were five years away from entering our home market. Max ambition is the same as 40 years ago - we serve the most delicious hamburgers with the best ingredients.
Our vision is to become the world's best fast food chain and thus we are seeking the world's best franchise partners.
Most profitable restaurant in Sweden outperforming both McDonald's and Burger King.
The best taste thanks to our own secret recipes, first class ingredients, product development, production process and food handling.